Who Are We?
BTYM is The Brooklyn Tabernacle Youth Ministry. BTYM is a middle school through high school-aged community of teens who exist to shamelessly declare the Gospel of Jesus Christ. BTYM equips, encourages, and connects teens with other teens who are pursuing and pressing on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called us heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Activities and Functions
Fridays from 6pm - 9:30pm at 163 Livingston Street
- Hangtime - 6:30pm - 7:30pm
- Service - 7:30pm - 9:00pm
Every Friday expect to have something different. Our Friday meetings consist of the following:
- Game Nights - We have two floors' worth of games. We have NBA 2K, Super Smash Bros, Madden, board games and group team building games
- Girl/Guy Nights - We split up into our respective genders and discuss different topics.
- Squad Nights- We split up into our Squads and just connect in a small group setting.
- We do have other events like our Teen Takeovers, Start of Summer BBQ, Basketball Tournaments, Olympic Day, Back to School rally and our BIGGEST event of the year: our YOUTH RETREAT!
Interested in Attending
If you are a teen between the ages of 13-18, we want to encourage you to come check us out. We would love to meet you and get to know you. We know it’s hard for you to try new things, but believe us when we say, "It will be worth it!" You will meet teens just like you and make friends with teens who want to know they matter and belong. Our VIP team will be with you every step of the way.
We have youth engagement activities like dance, worship and drama for you to get involved in. If singing, dancing and acting are not your cup of tea, we have a photo team, setup/breakdown team and audio/visual team. Once you get settled, you have the option of having a leader who will be there for you. They will call you, pray for you and even attend your special events. Our BTYM leaders are here to keep you accountable and to love you.
We hope to see you at a BTYM meeting one day!
Eligibility to Volunteer
In order to serve in this ministry, you must be 19 and older; be a member of The Brooklyn Tabernacle; and have a valid social security number, as we have to run a background check.
Frequency of Service
You will be required to be present on Friday nights and calendar events, and at leadership meetings that take place on the first Thursday of every month.
Length of Commitment
BTYM ministry volunteers are asked to make a one-year commitment to the ministry.
All candidates will fill out an application form and go through two interviews. A mandatory background check will be given as part of the application process.