Who Are We?
Altar workers are members of The Brooklyn Tabernacle who pray with people who come forward for prayer during Sunday services. We also assist with collecting written information from the respondents so that our ministries can follow up with them.
Eligibility to Volunteer
- You must be a member of The Brooklyn Tabernacle.
- You must love people and have a desire to help them draw closer to God.
- You must be able to provide good references from a ministry of The Brooklyn Tabernacle in which you were already involved for at least one year.
- You must be comfortable with receiving direction from church leaders as it relates to ministering to the people at the altar.
- You must be comfortable with sitting in the front row of the church.
- You must be able to meet promptly for team prayer each Sunday at 8:45am (prior to the 9am service) or 12:45pm (prior to the 1pm service), depending on the team with which you will serve.
Activities & Functions
Altar workers sit in the front of the church, through reserved seating, and must participate in the service from that location for the duration of the service.
Frequency of Service
The altar workers serve during each of the Sunday services. You are required to join either one of two teams:
- Team I — serves during the 9am and 11am services
- Team II — serves during the 1pm service
Length of Commitment
Altar workers are asked to make at least a one-year commitment.