Who Are We?
Voice of Hope unites in prayer, creates awareness, and mobilizes communities to act against the injustice of human trafficking. We firmly believe that the root of this injustice is evil, and we have the most powerful weapon of prayer to fight it. We let prayer and awareness spur us into action so that we can see victims set free and we can reach others before they become victims of human trafficking.
Eligibility to Volunteer
In order to serve in this ministry you must be a member of The Brooklyn Tabernacle or in the process of becoming a member. You must have an interview with the Voice of Hope ministry leader and a reference from another leader in the church. You must also have a heart to see both the victims and the perpetrators set free from the chains that bind them.
Activities & Functions
- Research and presentation of topics*
- Serving on day of prayer meeting
- Prayer walks
- Administrative support*
- Support with special events
- Facilitation of small groups*
- Finding creative ways to engage the community in order to raise awareness*
* These functions do not apply to all volunteers. They are only for those who have a passion or a gift in this area.
Frequency of Service
Voice of Hope volunteers are required to meet twice a month. There is a monthly team meeting on the first Wednesday of every month, from 7-9pm. The monthly prayer meeting is generally held on the last Thursday of every month, from 7-9pm. There is no meeting in the month of December.
Length of Commitment
All Voice of Hope Ministry volunteers are asked to make a one-year commitment to the ministry.