Update on 2016 Trips
We are looking forward to a new year to see more souls saved, discipled, fed, taught, mentored and helped. Our short term trip roster is online and you can see a detailed description of what we're looking to do and what type of skills (if any) we could use. We were originally going to have our main Trip Training on Jan 23, but the snow storm of the century (we get one every year) caused us to postpone this until Saturday Feb 6 @ 10AM. It's impossible to do a proper Missions Training in just one meeting so it will be important for all trip candidates to attend as many Mission Meetings as your schedule permits. I will be making a special effort to include missions training sessions in each meeting. In particular, we will be starting a Bible Study series on Friday nights (starting Friday Jan 29 @ 7PM) that will focus on topics such as Cross-Cultural Ministry, How Helping Hurts (and how we need to change how this looks), Spiritual Warfare and other Missions related topics. Trip Update
Business Seminar The Guyana and ME1 trips are now CLOSED. Here are updates on the other trips:
- For ALL trips, we need team members that can love others in word and in action. We also need people that have a heart for children and youth.
- ME2 trip is just about closed, but we could use an Arabic or Russian speaker.
- Navajo trip [12-14 slots open] - We are still in particular need of Construction Workers (i.e. Carpenters, Plumbers, Electricians, etc.) to help us mentor and teach the Youth. We could also use Music Teachers that can teach Praise & Worship which is a big lack on the Reservations. Lastly, we could use Coaches/Athletes that specialize in Basketball or Volleyball.
- DR trip [15 slots] - This trip shifted in focus recently to feature Business Seminars that will be taught on 4 evening meetings. We can use Teachers for the ESL Camp and Business people (Entrepreneurs/Small Business owners, Marketing, Accounting, Retail, Technology, etc).
- Belize trip [8 slots] - We also need some more Business people (Entrepreneurs/Small Business owners, Accounting, Retail, etc).
- Malawi trip [2 slots] - We could use 1 more medical person and 1 more business person (Entrepreneurs/Small Business owners, Retail).
- S Asia [5 slots] - We need a few more medical people and several more Business people (Entrepreneurs/Small Business owners, Marketing, Retail, etc).
- Remember this year, we're no longer taking checks or cash for trip payments. You can manage your own payments online using RegOnline.
- If you've been sent a trip acceptance, please reply within RegOnline and put your deposit within 15 days, otherwise you may be placed in 'Standby' due to the demand and limited space.
We look forward to ministering with you.